SEO consideration needs to go unison with website (both CMS or eCommerce based) development process. Web developers needs to make sure the website conforms to user and search engine standards. Delaying it for later phase in development cycle can prove negative and may result in lots of rework. Below are some of tools that can assist developers to take care of SEO & related aspects. Tools provided include markup
validators, server response checkers, browser plugins, page speed testers and a desktop application.
- HTML Validator(W3C) – Used to check the validity of a web page’s HTML for vocabulary, grammar and syntax errors. Checks errors in: HTML, XHTML, SMIL, MathML
- CSS Validator(W3C) – Used to check the validity of a web page’s CSS stylesheets for vocabulary, grammar and syntax errors.
- Rich Snippet Testing Tool – Used to check whether Google can parse and display the structured data (Schema, RDFa, Microformat) used
- .htaccess Validator – Used to test .htaccess rewrite rules.
- Web Development Toolbar – An extension for Firefox & Chrome. A central HUB with tools that examine all facets of a webpage: HTML, CSS, JS, Images, Cookies
- .htaccess Validator – Firefox extension that examines all incoming and outgoing HTTP responses between the browser and web server.
- Quirq Search Stats – Firefox extension to examine the Sitemap.xml & Robots.txt file. Also extract meta data and measure keyword density.
- Firebug – Firefox extension to inspect, analyze and debug HTML, CSS & JS.
- Developers Page Speed – Page Speed Online analyzes the content of a web page, and then generates suggestions to make that page faster.
- Pingdom Tools – Used to analyze load times, page size and the amount of requests.
- YSlow – YSlow analyzes web pages and suggests ways to improve their performance based on a set of rules for high performance web pages.
- Screaming Frog – Mimics the actions of a search engine. This desktop tool uses a spider to crawl URLs and extract SEO elements: Server Responses, URLs, Page Titles, Meta Descriptions, Headers, CSS, JS & more